Thursday, February 21, 2013

#KetchupWithUs.... Raise your Glass!


Happy Thirsty Thursday and HAPPY NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY-EVE!  Thanks to @olddognewtits and @accordingtomags for giving me a reason to buy more tequila.

As if I needed a reason.




KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #12
In 57 words or less, tell us about the best drink you ever had



When the sun is high and the temps are hot,
And the party's just begun in the parking lot-
Put on your party panties like the Sisters do,
And come try a cup of our signature brew!
We've got something better to do with that Corona-
'Cause everybody loves Sister Mary's Margaronas!


Margaronas:

Assemble ingredients, grouping them nicely on the counter while
your cat tries to steal your soul...

Make ridiculous duckfaces at your camera. And
this is BEFORE you've had anything to drink.

Pour half a bottle of Cuervo silver into your pitcher,
shaker, or whatever.

Pop the top off a bottle of Corona light. A regular sized bottle,
not the Coronita things. And if you can, use a cool bottle opener 
like the one I have, shaped like a guitar. Thanks Corona girl
at the Arlington, TX Hooters. 

Briefly turn into a college girl on spring break when
you give into the urge to put on a cowboy hat
and plastic lei and pose with a bottle of beer.
No shame, people. No shame. Then pour the beer
in with the tequila.



Add the frozen limeaid concentrate. Well, it probably isn't very
frozen at this point, but that's okay. Add it anyway.
Apply your @TeamCocktail  Slap Boozie. I mean,
that's not CRITICAL but it does make the whole
experience less slippery and more... colorful.

Gently swish to mix. Don't shake, for the love of God, don't shake! 
Finish off with lemon-lime soda. Amounts vary- we usually use about a liter for 
this particular amount to start. It will depend on your particular tastes and how 
sober/inebriated you'd like to be. 

Pour into your favorite margarita glass... or, if you're like me, realize that you aren't
sure WHERE your margarita glasses are, or even where the decent wine glasses are..
wait, where is ANYTHING actually  made out of glass?
Then you'll pour it into whatever you can find, regardless of how
appropriate it is. 

Even if it's a cheerful Christmas 2007 Snowman Cocoa mug. 

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. YUM and YUM and YUM! I am excited to try this. Great self-portraits. Very funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take two pitchers and call me in the morning *nods* They're the cure to anything... namely because after you're done drinking you've lost the capability to care. Or walk. Or speak in a coherent manner.

      Delete
  2. That is brilliant looking for a place to happen! The faces, hat, and mug make all the difference! It is like you live at my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I almost used the Boba Fett mug, but there was just something about that snowman....

      I still haven't figured out where all of my *real* glasses have gone.

      Delete
  3. I love your response. Love it. And I've had some of these tasty concoctions before. Ever read the book "Beach Trip?' I know. I know. Who has time to READ? But I actually read this book because some friends of mine coerced/threatened/drugged me. And this drink is mentioned in it. A lot. So when we got together to discuss it, I (naturally) brought all the necessary ingredients for a proper re-enactment.

    Great summer drink. Great beach drink. Great sitting at the kitchen table staring at the wall drink.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach Trip, by Cathy Holton! Yes! One of my guilty "I know I've been in the bathtub for over an hour, SHUT UP FLAKE!" books! I actually bought that one BECAUSE it mentioned margaronas. Somehow I really think Lola and I could have been dear friends. But I would have had to punch the other three in their respective throats.

      There's never a wrong time to have a margarona. Well, except, perhaps, when doing your taxes. Or balancing your checkbook. Or trying to trim your own bangs. But all other times- drink up!

      Delete