Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weather Reports in BOLD FONT


I wish I had more time to write tonight, but I don't. See, we are under a
WINTER STORM WATCH. 

Hrm. I don't think I made that... urgent-y enough. Let's try again.
We are under a
!!!!WINTER STORM WATCH!!!!

Better.

Yes, I know I live in the midwest, and yes, I realize it is February. But people! This is a WEATHER EVENT. There is a WEATHER EVENT bearing down upon us and I am NOT PREPARED.

Well, I'm sort of prepared. There is a (clean! Yes, clean!) trash can full of firewood in my living room. No, I"m not joking. My man, he knows how to take care of us even when he's not around for the WINTER WEATHER EVENT. And he takes care of us... by filling an oversized rubbermaid trashcan full of firewood and depositing it in the living room.

There's been rumor of a potential "event" for the last week or so, but last night someone posted a weather map that predicted up to 20" of snow for our area, which meant that it was getting real, yo. And today our local weatherfolk began creating their graphics for the upcoming onslaught.






I've become more than a little jaded about the weather forecasts lately. After three years of crazy snowfall (who can forget the Blizzard of 2011... am I right? AM I RIGHT?), it's been dry pastures around here. Too often we've had a lot of this..

 but got this: 

Or, you know, something like that. 

But I don't know, I"m buying into this a little bit. Enough that I decided maybe I should stock up on a few things. A few important things. Like transportation needs




And important nutritional supplements



And... well... dammit, it's supposed to snow. Don't judge Mommy. 


Obviously tomorow will be spent preparing for the coming onslaught. We need ice melt. We need a frying pan that can be utilized over the fire in case of POWER OUTAGES. We need  MARSHMALLOWS AND HOT COCOA THAT IS RICH AND CREAMY. Obviously I will be on top of it all. How could I not be? I have a trash can full of firewood in my living room. 

Wow, bro! Look at that firewood! oh, yeah, and new sleds, too... but the firewood!









No comments:

Post a Comment