Sunday, September 22, 2013

I don't think so...

The scene: The Pirate household, post Third-Grade football game excitement. Mom is informing the Z that he smells like spoiled yak meat and needs a shower, stat, when 13 year old Ace pops out of the basement game room

A: Check it out, yo! GTA! (translation- Look, Mother! It's the video game Grand Theft Auto!)

Assorted squeals from the Z while Mom tries to regain the power of speech. WTF?

FLAKE: Oh... yeah, I picked it up the other day. 

Continued squeals of joy while I try to make sense of this all in my head, all the while thinking "Please God, please don't let my kid go to school and talk about picking up hookers and selling crack. We are way too suburban for that shit." 



1 comment:

  1. I let Elmo play Call of Duty:MW3 the other day because I didn't have the guts to tell her puppy dog eyes, "No." and then They Boy "let" me play his (our) new game Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. Yeppers we are a gamer family.

    ReplyDelete